Dog Ear Infections and Hot Spots
Does your dog get a lot of ear infections or hot spots? This can be very painful for your beloved pooch. From red, raw skin to bumps and oozing sores.
Anything that irritates the skin and causes a dog to scratch or lick himself can start a hot spot. Hot spots can be caused by allergic reactions, insect, mite or flea bites, poor grooming, underlying ear or skin infections and constant licking and chewing prompted by stress or boredom. A hot spot is a superficial skin infection that happens when normal skin bacteria overrun the skin’s defenses as a result of damage to its surface.
A Good -Dog Sore- Remedy
I discovered Zymox products when a neighbor’s dog was suffering from hot spots. The poor dog looked miserable and was itching like crazy. My neighbor bought the Zymox spray and within just a couple days, the dog was showing signs of relief and not itching as much. In just a couple weeks, his sores were all healed and he was doing great.
Before putting my dogs on a raw diet and only using natural products, one of my dogs was constantly getting ear infections, especially in the Summer months. I bought the Zymox Enzymatic Ear Solution with 0.5-Percent Hydrocortisone
This stuff really works and beats the medications that the vets offer. A couple drops in each ear for up to two weeks and no more ear infections! To prevent infections, I put a couple drops into each ear approximately every 2 weeks or when they get a bath and nail trim.
- provides a protective antibacterial coating in the fur and skin.
- Starting at animal's neck, work a thin line of Zymox Rinse into scalp and fur,...
- Apply to both sides and belly of the pet
- Skin Therapy For Pets
You can leave in the conditioner for sores, dry skin and flaking. All of their products work great and I highly recommend them.
- One Zymox 12oz Shampoo and One Zymox 12oz Conditioning Rinse
- Zymox Enzymatic Shampoo provides an effective way to protect the natural skin barrier...
- Pure and gentle enough for puppies and kittens
- Features the patented LP3 Enzyme System and only the mildest plant surfactants
- Contains no harsh detergents, chlorines, or petroleum by-products
- No.1 Best Selling and Effective Solution: Formulated for Cats and Dogs to manage...
- Instantly starts working to clean pet's ears and rid of build up and debris to help...
- Easy, Daily, One Step Process to clean problematic ears: No more digging in those...
- Easy to Use and Effective: Apply generously to uncleaned ear, filling the ear canal;...
- Made in the USA: Proudly American Made in a facility that practices Good...
- Works on Resistant Microbes Quicker and More Effectively.
- Zymox Plus works on the toughest dog ear infections
- Ideal for those cases of repeated infection or the infection that just won’t...
- 1% hydrocortizone
- The toughest zymox ear infection product
- Gentle surfactants effectively clean dirt from inner ears
- Natural bio active enzymes help control mild microbes
- Contains no harsh chemicals or cleaners to irritate sensitive pets
- Epi-Otic may be used for routine ear cleansing in healthy ear canal or prior to...
- A mild alcohol-free cleansing and drying solution for routine maintenance of otitis...
- Epi-Otic has a low pH of 2.2 and contains no chlorhexidine or alcohol
You can also use the Zymox cream or spray on sore paws or to help with licking.
What have you used for Hot Spots and Ear Infections?