Common Health Concerns Found In Senior Small Dogs
Abrasions are often caused by scratching and biting skin surfaces that itch. Herbal treatments include an infusion of blackberry leaves, rosemary leaves or elder flowers and leaves to which a little witch hazel has been added. Apply topically to abrasions. It is recommended that no greasy preparations be used because they will retain moisture on the skin surfaces and retard healing.
Abscesses are the body’s attempt to throw off, through the skin, toxins from impure blood. Blood that is excessively toxic is choked and is unable to carry away the waste matter of cell metabolism through its normal channels. Thus, white blood cells surround disease-producing bacteria and toxic waste and carry them out of the body through the skin in the form of pus. If your small dog is bothered by many abscesses at one time, or by frequent growths, he should have fasted for several days on distilled water and raw honey (to keep up his energy): two to four teaspoons a day, depending on the size of the dog.
- RAW UMF MANUKA HONEY: Unpasteurized and minimally filtered for maximum goodness. Contains high levels of natural pollens...
- ETHICAL BEEKEEPING: The bees roam freely in native bush and are not exposed to orchard pesticides, fed sugar syrup or...
- MANUKA HONEY IS THE HEALING HONEY: this high antibacterial honey is used for health and healing.
- UMF HONEY ASSOCIATION LICENSEE: number 2035 guarantees authentic manuka honey
- NATURE IS OUR BUSINESS: Purchasing Tahi Honey supports active conservation projects restoring wetlands, sand dunes and...
As your senior small dog begins to eliminate more toxins, give him a very small garlic clove daily with his food (or use the product I recommend below). Garlic will help him to detoxify even more. Hot fomentations (packs) of blackberry leaves or elderberry, may be put on the abscesses. You can also use chopped-up garlic or onion or both, heated in several ounces of castor oil. Heat it in a pan of water till it is comfortably hot, and then apply as hot packs. Nutrients that may be helpful in treating abscesses are vitamins A, C, E, and B complex, red clover, cayenne pepper, goldenseal, and grated carrots or potatoes.
- Best flea & tick supplement for both dogs and cats with proven results!
- Supports your dog and cat's overall health and wellness, immune system, and skin & coat
- Proven ingredients like garlic, brewer's yeast, and complex b-vitamins
- Completely safe as a supplement for everyday use
- Only Natural Pet brand products are 100% Guaranteed!
Anemia is basically a lack of hemoglobin and oxygen in the blood. It is often caused by a faulty diet, lack of exposure to sunlight and constipation of the entire system, including the lower bowel. The small dog may become weak and faint, losing energy and stamina. His eyes may show excessive brightness in the white portion. Internal parasites may weaken a dog, causing severe anemia. Anemia can be caused by too little blood or too few red blood cells. If you check your small dog’s gums, they will be whiter than normal, upon pressure, and slow to return to pink color.
- For Pet Type(s): Dogs & Cats
- Completely Natural
- Appropriate for all ages and breeds
Your small dog may lack sufficient iron in his diet; toxins produced by many diseases can cause an anemic condition. To boost the iron in his diet, you can give him desiccated liver and brewers’ yeast with his food. You can also give berries or fruits of the black variety including blackberry, bilberry or elderberry. Honey is also good, as well as eggs, kelp, and parsley. Other nutrients that may be helpful in cases of anemia are vitamins C, E, B complex, protein, copper, and iron. Chemical iron aggravates anemia and can cause constipation.
Yours in fur kid health! What have you done for your senior small dog or large dog?